I was pleasantly surprised, some of the guys on this website were seriously good looking! And after looking at some of the stupidly beautiful girls on the site I decided that maybe it wasn't just for desparados after all. I never actually spoke to anyone on it however, until a wine fuelled night with a friend where we giggled our way through the male profiles on show. (Interesting fact: My friend became in contact with her now boyfriend via that site that very night and they are now living happily ever after!).
Anyway, lets cut to the chase. There was one particullar guy on this site who contacted me and was hot, hot, hot. Floppy hair? Check. Designer stubble? Check. French?? Errr, check. Julien described himself as an artist and we gradually started messaging. His English was pretty bad, but hey, who am I to judge?! He asked for my facebook which I gave him and he would often 'like' one of my statuses or photos. I had the feeling that of course he was just after one thing, and when he would ask me for a drink at 10pm at night I would always say no. This continued for a few weeks until eventually I figured I may as well bite the bullet and go on a date with him.
When date night arrived I got myself ready and headed to the bar in the Buttes Chaumont parc. He chose the bar and I was pretty impressed that he didn't just go for somewhere at Bastille or Oberkampf. I text him when I arrived to find that he was already in the queue to enter the parc and into the bar. As I headed towards him I was feeling really nervous, I really hoped his pictures were representative. My worries were unfounded though, I spotted him in the crowd and he was just as he was in his photos and everything he had said on his profile seemed to be accurate until I actually reached him. Omg, he was tiny!!!! As I've mentioned before I am a little vertically challenged (or fun sized as I like to say!) and Julien was the same height as me. Lucky I had worn really small heels or it could have been really embarassing. His face was nice though and I really wanted to run my hands through his floppy hair. Once settled with our drinks (I asked for a glass of rose - he bought me a bottle.) we started talking and got to know each other. It was a mixture of my bad French and his bad English but I thought we were getting on pretty well until he exclaimed "Deux ans en Paree et tu n'ai parlez pas francais?! C'est un catastrophe!!!!'." All I could think was 'Easy tiger, I think there are worse things in life'. Anyway, after a bottle of wine I was pretty drunk. We danced, we kissed and I actually had a really good date.
At the end of the night it was pretty difficult to get a taxi so Julien suggested that I stay at his place 'just to sleep'. I was drunk and tired and knew that I shouldn't go home with him. Although I was having fun I thought that he was just a tad on the strange side but when does sense ever take over?
Once back at his appartment I was impressed by how nice and big it was. I thought artists were supposed to struggle?! However, it was really dirty and I don't just mean untidy I mean overflowing ashtrays and dirty dishes everywhere. I was too tired to care though and off we went to bed to sleep. Actually sleep with only the minimum of fooling around!
I left the next day feeling a little confused. I had a nice night and Julien was handsome but there was just something a little off about him. I agreed that I would see him again but it wasn't until our next date that I realised exactly how weird he was....

Is the bar named Rosa Bonheur ? :-)
RépondreSupprimerYes it is :)
RépondreSupprimer